Menu
Young M.A’s new visual from “Quarantine Party” released

Young M.A’s new visual from “Quarantine Party” released

Young M.A’s new visual from “Quarantine Party” released

Young M.A’s last project ‘Red Flu’ was released several months ago, which featured seven different tracks that helped her fans to sustain themselves during the Coronavirus pandemic. Last weekend, she released a new visual from the track for “Quarantine Party,” a Mike Zombie-produced scene that showcases the Brooklyn emcee talking about how she prefers to like being stuck at home:

“She throwin’ that ass, I’m throwin’ this cash, she pick up the money, she throw in her bag, I’m tippin’ her money, I’m throwin’ a bag, still got a quarter mil’ more in the stash/
Throwin’ these ones, gang in this b***h and they holdin’ they guns, if they ever get booked by the feds, I know they holdin’ they tongue…/”

The video aligns with the theme of the track, as M.A. enjoys a pool party filled with women in a Versace robe. As the coronavirus pandemic is still severe, we hope that strict precautionary measures were undertaken during and after the making of the Marc Diamond-directed clip.

Red Flue is Young M.A.’s second album, after she debuted with LP Herstory In The Making, which was released last September and featured 21 tracks, and included appearances from Relle Bey and Max YB. Recently, she also provided assist for newly-minted XXL Freshman Fivio Foreign on his latest cut “Move Like A Boss.”

Last month, Young M.A. initiated her new Apple music show “Me Always Radio,” which, as officially described, allows her to “get up close and personal with fans as she talks through culture and current events and, of course, plays her favorite songs.” In her first episode, Eminem made a guest appearance, and the theme revolved around the Detroit legend’s history in hip hop, their collaboration on his latest album Music To Be Murdered By, and much more.

SHARE SOME ❤️ LOVE WITH ARTIST BY COMMENTING BELOW

White South Carolina police suspended for repeating N-word multiple times

White South Carolina police suspended for repeating N-word multiple times

White South Carolina police suspended for repeating N-word multiple times

On Saturday, a white South Carolina police officer used the N-word against a Black man several times, due to which he was suspended.

It is reported that Sgt. Chad Walker, who is a 14-year veteran, got allocated to Bar None. He recognized that the bar was serving alcohol despite the Governor’s executive orders against it. The Columbia Police Department stated that a male could heard on video, who used a racial slur against Walker.

Both the individuals got into a heated argument following which Walker could be heard repeating the racial slur several times to the Black man. The entire incident was recorded on cellphone footage as well as the officer’s bodycam.

Then, Walker argued that he had the right to repeat the word. “He can say it to me, but I can’t say it to him?” Walker asked, as he pointed to the Black man.

Chief Holbrook spoke about the incident in a statement, claiming that he shared the “public’s outrage and frustration regarding the highly offensive and disrespectful incident.”

“After reviewing the video from last night in Five Points, it is evident the actions of Sgt. Walker were a clear failure to fulfill the expectations and standards of our Department. The repetition of the racial slur and failure to deescalate the situation were inexcusable,” he said.

“Our officers are trained to serve as leaders and to deescalate confrontations of potentially volatile situations,” he continued. “Although I am embarrassed and disappointed in the Sergeant’s actions, I was encouraged to see a junior officer intervene and remove Walker from the situation, potentially stopping further escalation.”

The Columbia Police Department says they “will continue to work to earn the trust of the community that it serves. The actions exhibited last night are not a true representation of the courageous CPD men and women who proudly wear the police uniform. We will be accountable to the public we serve.”

SHARE SOME ❤️ LOVE WITH ARTIST BY COMMENTING BELOW

Monica collaborates with Lil Baby for “TRENCHES”

Monica collaborates with Lil Baby for “TRENCHES”

Monica collaborates with Lil Baby for “TRENCHES”

Monica is all set to battle longtime frenemy Brandy in the latest episode of Swizz Beatz and Timbaland’s “Verzuz” series. As we have started to observe from current artists who take part, Monica has made the decision to initiate the event with some new music titled “TRENCHES,” wherein fellow Atlanta native Lil Baby is featured and The Neptunes partook in the production. In essence, the track demonstrates Monica singing about loving a man that’s still in the streets:

“Love is what you make it, I’ll give you my heart if you promise that you won’t break it, I’ma keep it real with everyone, it ain’t no fakin’, I was trying to give it to you, you was trying to take it…/”

The release of “TRENCHES”is Monica’s first official single since her releases last year which include “Commitment” and “Me + You,” both of which were meant to feature in her yet-to-be-released ninth studio LP Chapter 38. Before these tracks, her previous album, Code Red, saw the light of the day in 2015 and featured collaborations with Lil Wayne, Missy Elliott, Akon, Timbaland, and more. Up until now, Monica managed to sell 5.3 million albums in the United States and in her four-decade career, she received several plaques and awards.

Monica had previously spoken to “Entertainment Tonight” about her long-standing tiff with Brandy, and revealed that those issues could have been during “Verzuz”:

“We’ve long removed ourselves from the dramatics of it, but we’re gonna have a very in-depth conversation that may possibly be shared — even with the audience — because there’s a lot that happens. The fans have no idea what really took place — what really caused the initial friction.”

SHARE SOME ❤️ LOVE WITH ARTIST BY COMMENTING BELOW

JAY-Z and Will Smith to produce miniseries on Emmett Till’s mother

JAY-Z and Will Smith to produce miniseries on Emmett Till’s mother

JAY-Z and Will Smith to produce miniseries on Emmett Till’s mother

Emmett Till’s 65th death anniversary came with an announcement from ABC that the story related to his life and his mother Mamie Till Mobley will be recalled through a miniseries produced by JAY-Z and Will Smith.

“Women of the Movement” will include six episodes that will primarily focus on Mobley and the moments which led to the initiation of the Civil Rights movement. JAY-Z and Smith will work with producers Aaron Kaplan, Jay Brown and Tyan “Ty Ty” Smith of Roc Nation, Jamie Lassiter of Overbrook Entertainment and others. The writer of the series will be Marissa Jo Cerar and Gina Prince-Bythewood, the director of Love and Basketball, will direct the show’s pilot.

After the official announcement was made, Cerar expressed her excitement regarding playing a role in a monumental series.

“I am thrilled to bring this project to television,” she said. “It is unfortunately very timely, and my hope is to give the audience a chance to learn who Emmett Till really was – the boy, rather than the victim or the martyr – while also showcasing Mamie’s astonishing strength in the face of a mother’s worst nightmare.”

Cerar added, “Telling Emmett and Mamie’s story is a responsibility I have not taken lightly since I began this journey last year, because this is more than a tragedy; it’s a story about a mother’s unwavering love of her son and her commitment to bettering the lives of all Black people. I can’t wait to start filming. With the brilliant Gina Prince-Bythewood as our director, we could not be in better hands.”

Soon enough, Bythewood also spoke about her thoughts on the project. “The story of Emmett Till and Mamie Till is not one I want to tell. It is a story I need to tell,” she said. “I am grateful to be on this journey with incredible collaborators who are determined to honor this mother and son with truth, authenticity and humanity.”

Initially, JAY-Z and Smith were collaborating to produce an Emmett Till miniseries that was to air on HBO. However, the network did not pick it up and thus, they recruited a new writer and change the focus of the show to the Mobley and the women of the Civil Rights movement.

On August 28, 1955, Till was killed by two white men following allegations that he whistled at a white woman. On the day of his funeral, his mother strongly recommended an open casket as she wanted to throw light upon racism and lynching in the United States.

The death of Till led to the Civil Rights Movement and is the foundation for the Emmet Till Anti-Lynching Act, the primary objective of which is to establish lynching as a federal crime.

SHARE SOME ❤️ LOVE WITH ARTIST BY COMMENTING BELOW

Donald Trump defends Kyle Rittenhouse Shooting

Donald Trump defends Kyle Rittenhouse Shooting

Donald Trump defends Kyle Rittenhouse Shooting

On Monday, at a White House Coronavirus briefing, President Donald Trump defended Kyle Rittenhouse, the 17-year-old teen who shot two protestors to death in Kenosha, Wisconsin last week. He also put the blame of the civil unrest on “left-wing political violence.”

“He was trying to get away from them, I guess … and he fell,” Trump said, citing videos from the protest where a group of people attacked Rittenhouse. “And then they very violently attacked him.”

Moreover, the president went on to claim that the teen “probably would’ve been killed,” despite the fact that he possessed a semiautomatic rifle. “He was in very big trouble,” he said. “He probably would’ve been killed, but it’s under investigation.”

Wednesday saw the teen being arrested and charged with first-degree intentional homicide after he crossed many state lines to reach Kenosha and then fired at several people during protests following the shooting of Jacob Blake.

Last week, he was charged with one count of reckless homicide, a count for attempted intentional homicide and two counts of recklessly endangering safety. He was also charged with possession of a dangerous weapon while under the age of 18, which is a misdemeanor.

After the incident, the videos of shooting became viral, wherein Rittenhouse could be seen running around with his rifle and in a specific video, one can also witness him shooting someone in the head. Then, he fled with his rifle as he said “I just killed someone,” over the phone.

After the fatal shootings, the Trump Administration completely distanced themselves from Rittenhouse in a statement.

“President Trump has repeatedly and consistently condemned all forms of violence and believes we must protect all Americans from chaos and lawlessness,” Tim Murtaugh, communications director of Trump’s 2020 campaign, said in a statement. “This individual had nothing to do with our campaign and we fully support our fantastic law enforcement for their swift action in this case.”

SHARE SOME ❤️ LOVE WITH ARTIST BY COMMENTING BELOW